Spectrum.Life supports 1,250+ companies in their health and wellness strategies. We support Employers, Universities and Insurers in looking after the mental health and wellbeing needs of over 1,000,000 users.
We are a healthcare company first. We focus on clinical efficacy and outcomes as our prime responsibility. We do this by providing or enabling best-in-class services, delivered by fully accredited, experienced professionals through our in-house built technology.
Our mission is to build a team to enhance and deliver our digital and onsite wellness to companies and employees around the world.
The role of staff counsellor is suited to fully qualified and accredited counsellors and/or psychotherapists. The Staff Counsellor is a key part of both the Spectrum Therapy team and the Employee Assistance Programme which provides access to professional services including psychoeducation and brief therapeutic support to employees experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
- Provide brief goal focused therapeutic support to individuals contacting the service.
- Maintain appropriate records of all therapeutic activity.
- Liaise and consult with other professionals working across the service as appropriate.
- Contribute to research and evaluation of the EAP service as required.
- Operate within all policies, procedures, and guidelines of the service.
- Participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary.
- Working on specific tasks required relating to service development and expansion of service.
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved, and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
- A recognised EQF level 6 qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy, with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Full accredited membership of a recognised professional body or organisation which is governed by a recognised code of ethics and disciplinary process (i.e., IACP, ICP, APPI, PSI, BACP, BPS, etc.).
- Experience working with a variety of clients reflecting a wide range of clinical presentations.
- Experience of screening clients and identifying any risk.
- Experience working with clients using short term models of therapeutic intervention, particularly CBT.
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organise, and prioritise own work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computing skills: Microsoft software (e.g., Word, Excel, Teams), email, internet, video conferencing software, and CSM software.
- Experience working within an EAP service.
- Experience working online via phone and video.
- Ability to work therapeutically in a language other than English.
- Open to working a non-standard schedule (i.e., outside 9am to 5pm).
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning and Organisation
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SPECTRUM.LIFE