Spectrum.Life supports 1,250+ companies in their health and wellness strategies. We support Employers, Universities and Insurers in looking after the mental health and wellbeing needs of over 1,000,000 users.
We are a healthcare company first. We focus on clinical efficacy and outcomes as our prime responsibility. We do this by providing or enabling best-in-class services, delivered by fully accredited, experienced professionals through our in-house built technology.
Our mission is to build a team to enhance and deliver our digital and onsite wellness to companies and employees around the world.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive, reliable, and fully qualified Psychotherapist/Counsellor to help us provide access to professional services while also overseeing other individuals engaging in the service.
What is the role and what are your responsibilities?
The role of the EAP Advise line Counsellor is suited to fully qualified Psychotherapists / Counsellors. This role will require evaluating the needs of our clients, conducting screening assessments, assessing for any immediate risk, performing crisis containment, and signposting to any helpful resources.
- Carrying out screening assessments over the phone with individuals wishing to engage with EAP services, focusing on strengths as well as difficulties.
- To conduct risk assessments and implement risk management plans as appropriate, with the support of our Psychological Triage team and provide appropriate safety and action planning where necessary
- Assess client’s needs and provide immediate telephone crisis counselling/interventions to employees and family members of customer organisations
- Identify the presenting problem and determine appropriate service response level as per case response level standards
- Meet key objectives around call volume and quality.
- First point of contact to our clients via phone, sms, live chat and WhatsApp
- To operate within all policies, procedures and guidelines of the EAP service.
- To participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary.
- Excellent customer service skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to cope with a high volume of incoming calls and chats.
- Works well under pressure
- Enjoys working to targets around call volumes and call quality
- To be flexible regarding working hours. Commit to 35 hours per week, to be worked over 5 days, Monday through Sunday
- Reviewing and handling of cases/queries that need to be investigated/escalated either from individual service user perspective or client organisational level
- Liaising with clinical governance around complex, high risk case
- Working on specific tasks required relating to service development, expansion of service.
- To be part of a scheduled on an on-call basis approximately once per month
for overflow calls requiring urgent attention for a 24 hr period at a time 9AM to 9AM.
- Work collaboratively with other clinical and non-clinical teams to ensure a seamless client experience for our clients
Essential Skills and core qualifications and skills:
- Hold a recognized qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy at Bachelor's level or higher relevant qualification in Counselling
- Minimum of 100 accrued counselling hours.
- Membership and registration with a professional association or organisation which is governed by a recognised code of ethics and disciplinary process (i.e. IACP, BACP, BPC, UKCP, BABCP, COSCA, ICP, APPI, PSI is an essential requirement
- Strong computer skills and mastering current software and applications (such as Microsoft Office) Ability to work at a fast paced envioroment and to meet key objectives around call volume and quality.
- Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task, when needed
- Strong empathy and listening skills
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, evenings, holidays etc. as per business needs
- Commit to 35 hours per week, to be worked over 5 days, Monday through Sunday
- Experience working with a variety of clients reflecting a wide range of clinical presentations.
- Experience of screening clients & carrying out initial screening appointments.
- Strong risk assessment skills with regards to Child Welfare/Safety concerns, Suicide/Self-Harm, Substance Abuse etc.
- Good clinical judgement and understanding of your responsibilities regarding confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Ability to work over the phone and through chat
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with clients using short term models of therapeutic intervention, particularly CBT
- Experience working within a busy EAP service
- Experience working on phone lines
- Open to working 35 hours per week, to be worked over 5 days, Monday through Sunday
What competencies do I need?
- Planning and Organisation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Motivating Others
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SPECTRUM.LIFE