Spectrum.Life supports 1,500+ companies in their health and wellness strategies. We support Employers, Universities and Insurers in looking after the mental health and wellbeing needs of over 4,000,000 users.
We are a healthcare company first. We focus on clinical efficacy and outcomes as our prime responsibility. We do this by providing or enabling best-in-class services, delivered by fully accredited, experienced professionals through our in-house built technology.
Our mission is to build a team to enhance and deliver our digital and onsite wellness to companies and employees around the world.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive, reliable, and fully qualified Psychotherapist/Counsellor to help us provide access to professional services while also overseeing other individuals engaging in the service.
What is the role, and what are your responsibilities?
The role of Case Manager is suited to fully qualified Psychotherapists / Counsellors. The Case Manager is a key part of both the Spectrum Therapy team and the Employee Assistance Programme which provides access to professional services including psychoeducation and brief therapeutic support to employees experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties. The Case Manager conducts screening assessments, makes recommendations based on screening assessments, delivers evidence informed brief interventions and oversees case management of individuals engaging with the service. They also participate in the evaluation and reporting of participation with the EAP service.
- Carrying out screening assessments over the phone with individuals wishing to engage with EAP services, focusing on strengths as well as difficulties.
- To conduct risk assessments and implement risk management plans as appropriate, with the support of our Psychological Triage team.
- To identify current supports available to individuals contacting the service and develop goal focused, collaborative action plans.
- To provide brief goal focused therapeutic support to individuals contacting the service.
- Answering calls and maintaining a busy shared mail inbox
- Scheduling appointments, liaising with clients and clinicians
- To liaise and consult with other professionals working across the service as appropriate.
- To contribute to research and evaluation of the EAP service as required.
- To operate within all policies, procedures and guidelines of the SH and EAP service.
- To participate in team meetings and attend other meetings as deemed necessary.
- To be flexible regarding working hours in line with the needs of the project (incorporating occasional late evening and weekend work)
- Reviewing and handling of cases/queries that need to be investigated/escalated either from individual service user perspective or client organisational level
- Liaising with clinical governance around complex, high risk case
- Working on specific tasks required relating to service development, expansion of service.
- To work as scheduled on an on-call basis approximately once per month for overflow calls requiring urgent attention for a 24 hr period at a time 9 AM to 9 AM.
- A recognized qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy at Bachelor's level or higher, with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Full accredited/registered membership of a recognised professional body or organisation which is governed by a recognised code of ethics and disciplinary process (i.e. IACP, BACP, BPC, UKCP, BABCP, COSCA, ICP, APPI, PSI etc
- Experience working with a variety of clients reflecting a wide range of clinical presentations.
- Experience of screening clients & carrying out initial screening appointments.
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computing skills: word processing, email, internet, ability to use a CSM software package.
- Experience working with clients using short terms models of therapeutic intervention, particularly CBT
- Experience working within an EAP service
- Experience working on phone lines
- Ability to work therapeutically in a language other than English.
- Open to working a non-standard schedule (i.e., outside 9am to 5pm).
What competencies do I need?
- Planning and Organisation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Motivating Others
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT SPECTRUM.LIFE